Writing: My First Love*
- Helping brands find their voice is one of my gifts and passions. In 2013, I began working with Vanderhorst Consulting, Inc., to craft messaging and conduct public relations campaigns for Century Mechanical Solutions, an HVAC design and engineering firm, and Santa Maria Community Services, a nonprofit social service organization. Read my media releases here.
- At Paycor, my role has included planning and creating the content for our online Resource Center. Working with another colleague, we develop thought leadership articles that answer the most common, challenging questions our clients and prospects face. My focus is on topics related to HR and personnel management. You can get a flavor for that work here.
- My article in the first issue of Liberty+Vine allowed me to reflect on the Jerusalem Half-Marathon and the ties between running and spirituality. I wrote several pieces for each monthly issue of this digital magazine.
- Visiting Lebanon in 2010 was one of the top experiences of my life. It yielded this article in St. Anthony Messenger magazine; more important, it opened my eyes to parts of the world about which I had known very little.
- On that same trip, inspiration struck daily. I wrote almost every night, which produced this special web feature for AmericanCatholic.org.
- At Franciscan Media, I contributed regularly to our corporate blog. It was a joy to be part of a group of diverse, passionate voices! This is one of my favorite pieces; it means more to me than most anything I've ever written.
- Also at FM, I teamed with two exceptional talents, Kathleen M. Carroll and Diane M. Houdek, to write and edit the four booklets in the "Live Simply" series. The books explore topical issues through the lens of Franciscan spirituality. You can search inside Ethical Eating, Sensible Shopping, Earth Friendly and Wholly Healthy at Amazon.com.
- For more samples from Liberty+Vine, click here.
*Truthfully, my first love was probably John Schneider from "The Dukes of Hazzard."